VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
HAHA IN SKAHA · Sat. Apr. 18th - Thu. Apr. 23rd
Warning: This is a tentative trip : will reassess COVID concerns closer to date
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 18th
End: Thursday, Apr. 23rd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 8th
March 24 - Skaha park is now closed (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/skahaBluffs/), campgrounds are closed aswell. Trip is very likely to be cancelled.
March 19 - Banburry green has said they will be closed for all of april due to COVID-19. So things are not looking optimistic. I think the best plan is to reassess the trip early April. If covid concerns are simmilar in april we will likely cancel the trip.
So exam schedules came out today and in classic UBC fashion I have a long break inbetween my exams... So naturally a climbing trip must occur.
I have a guide book for SKAHA sitting in my room itching for its first time in the field and it says April is a good time to go.
The plan is to head up to SKAHA around 6pm on the April 18th and come back down on the 23rd. We would likely camp some where (Banbury Green Campground? - $10 per night per person)... Making a reservation before hand would probably be a good idea.
If you can't make all the days (or want to stay longer/shorter), sign up as ?interested? and put the dates you'd want to drive up/down.
Beyond that its too far in the future to tell. The dates might change due to weather or suprise exams but I dont expect it to. The pre trip will likely be on April 7th April 2nd, early I know but I want to get it done before exams start. (also we need to confirm numbers for the campsite early)
This is not an instructional trip. You should be fairly self sufficient. Its better if you bring a belay buddy but not necissary.
Send me an email if you have any questions.
Come for some climbs and laughs.