VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Cayoosh Mountain, Wendy Thompson, Mt Rohr Loop (Intermediate Friendly) · Wed. Feb. 19th - Thu. Feb. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Going on another trip
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Feb. 19th
End: Thursday, Feb. 20th
Pre-trip meeting: Saturday, Feb. 15th
The route combines the Cayoosh-Marriott Loop as described on pg130 of the Baldwin book with an ascent to Mt Rohr on the 2nd day. We'll aim to end the 1st day at Wendy Thompson hut, though it's fully booked so we'll need to winter camp.
1st Day is approximately 14km and 1680m elevation gain.
2nd day is approximately 14.8km and 900m elevation gain
AST1 is mandatory. Skiing is mostly on moderate slopes around 30° (blue), but you should have some experience skiing and skinning with an overnight pack.
Since this is kinda last minute there'll be no pre trip meeting, ride confirmations will probably be the day before (Tuesday). If you have any doubts about your ability, or there's some gear you need try and email me sooner rather than later.