VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
First-Aid Fridays [The online classroom for outdoor skills] · Friday, March 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 27th, 4:00 pm
LINK TO THE ZOOM meeting:
Meeting ID: 948 377 012 Password: 040114
Are you bored? Wishing you were in the mountains? Maybe even a little lonely?
Well this sounds like a trip for you! This friday I hope to run a virtual trip planning session and teach/share/learn and talk about first aid kits!
This is an opportunity for members to share "Whats in my first aid kit?" I have done a little research and discussed/questioned some outdoor experts about what they bring outdoors with them, and would love to share some fun info and maybe guide a discussion about what to bring into the outdoors with you and what to avoid (either in a first aid kit/ survivial kit). I would love to learn about anyone's tips and tricks if they have any and help anyone (including myself) create some online shopping lists to amp up our first aid kits.
If all goes well during this trip, and there is enough interest, I would like to facilitate a weekly series of skype/zoom video chats (have an online classroom session) where we can share some different outdoor skills each week. Think of this as your online classroom for outdoor skills (yes I know how that sounds). Maybe talk about first aid kits this week, next week talk about some useful knots for climbing (or ones we prefer), or reading and navigating with maps, or different kinds of communication devices to use in the mountains and when to use each, and maybe eventually scale it up to different kinds of anchor set ups for indoor crevasse practice. Basically to learn about different outdoor skills or discuss different outdoor topics in an online classroom format. Maybe in this way keeping ourselves occupied and keen about the mountains, even when we can't necessarily be in them.
If anyone feels like they have any cool outdoor skills they would like to share or facilitate a discussion on, or even any cool ideas for weekly sessions, then please reach out to me! I am happy to talk with anyone on about this trip series.
Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert or anything in any of these fields, just a curious and keen outdoor enthusiast who would love to share an online classroom experience on cool outdoor topics (because they are far more exciting than my real course work).