VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
So you think you want to go bike touring? Roberts Creek - Sunshine Coast (beginner friendly!) · Sat. Jul. 4th - Sun. Jul. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 4th
End: Sunday, Jul. 5th
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Jun. 29th, 12:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: virtual! MAP
Hello VOC folks!
I love bikes and I recently got into bike touring. Soon, I want to do bike packing (off-road), but for now I only have a road touring setup.
I wanted to organize a trip to expose anyone (especially newbies) interested in bike touring and show that it’s really not that hard or scary. Also to get outside and explore!
This trip is designed to be beginner friendly with about 50km of biking each day (UBC to Stanley Park and back, twice), no horribly early starts, lots of time for rest stops, the ability to pick up dinner and Sunday lunch on the coast. I have done this route twice now.
The main details:
- July 4-5, 1 night overnight at Roberts Creek Campsite on the Sunshine Coast
- About 50km each day, depending on where in Vancouver you live. Plenty of daylight to bike so we can take our sweet jolly time.
- Bike touring! Whatever bike you have will work but racks + panniers highly encouraged. Weight on your back is not fun after about 5km imo.
- Lots of time for chilling at the beach, exploring local mountain bike trails, and eating ice cream!
- Social distancing measures in place with food and sleeping arrangements - following VOC guidelines :)
I wrote up a more substantial plan with packing requirements/suggestions here! Please make sure to read this before signing up! Email me with any questions.