VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
South Chilcotin Exploratory · Fri. Jul. 31st - Mon. Aug. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 31st, 5:00 pm
End: Monday, Aug. 3rd, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 29th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: https://ubc.zoom.us/j/5121824260?pwd=MFhtZGpDUml6VGs4dElLQm5weDFpZz09
Sorry to post yet another trip, but the summer is short and I want to get out as much as possible! This one's tentative because I don't yet have a route in mind, and would also like to keep the group size fairly small given the recent increase in coronavirus cases in BC. But feel free to sign up if interested and we'll see how things shake out. As always please read the club's guidelines and we'll be sure to keep everything as kind, calm, and safe as possible.
The South Chilcotin Range is a bit different from your normal BC fare - the climate is generally drier so it looks more like the Colorado Rockies than anything you'd normally find on the Coast. And so I'd like to go check it out over the BC long weekend. The rough plan is to leave Vancouver sometime on Friday and car camp near one of the access points. Saturday could be spent hiking in to a base camp, maybe at Spruce Lake, with a day hike/scramble on Sunday before returning on Monday. There are also potential loop routes in the area. We can finalize a plan next week before leaving - this is a big area with lots of good options!
Feel free to contact me with any questions.