Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
2nd Annual Pacific Spirit Park Trail Baggin' Challenge · Thu. Oct. 1st - Thu. Dec. 31st
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Gabrielle Booth
Start: Thursday, Oct. 1st
End: Thursday, Dec. 31stDescription:
Due to popular* demand, the Pacific Spirt Park Trail Bagging Challenge is back!
Do you need your dose of trees and trails during the work week? Have entire days spent on Zoom made running (finally) start to seem more appealing?
Pacific Spirit Park is the perfect size to be able to travel exhaustively, so let's trail run/walk every inch of trail in the Pacific Spirit Park this semester.
I'll put together a Google Drive where we can keep each other posted on our progress by coloring in the trails that we've done. However, this is not intended as a race, the point is to have an inclusive challenge that gets us exploring our backyard. Please use the Message Board (or any other means) to communicate with other people who may be interested in running/walking together -- in a Covid Safe manner, of course!
Please feel free to make this challenge reasonable for yourself, i.e. if you'd like to do it all in a walking handstand, be my guest (and send photos) or if you want to do all of the biking trails, that's great too!
I'd love to hear when you've successfully bagged every trail in the park (and/or completed your own version of the challenge)!
Have fun, be safe, find new trails, and challenge yourself!
*popular might be a strong word
Going = I'm going to crush this challenge
Committed = I'll have a solid go at it
Interested = I'm intrigued by the concept and see how I feel about it later when it starts to rain
Posted: 2020-10-01 23:33:28
Last modified: 2020-10-01 23:39:16