VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Phelix Hut (ski or snowshoe) · Fri. Nov. 27th - Sun. Nov. 29th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Nov. 27th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 29th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 24th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Early season ski or snowshoe to Phelix Hut.
We will head up on the Friday morning and stay until the Sunday night. You are welcome to join us later if you have a car and can find your way.
This is a beginner friendly trip, which means all levels welcome but you should be aware that the trip itself may not be easy. If you ski you may be carrying skis for many kilometers. You can read more about the hut here: https://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Brian_Waddington_Hut
We are hoping to ski on the Saturday if there is enough snow. If you would like to ski above the hut, you should have AST1 or equivalent training.
If you have lots of energy, there is firewood on the far side of the lake that could be carried to the hut for winter.
Please get in touch if you want to help co-organize this trip.