VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Metal Dome beginner friendly ski/snowshoe · Sat. Nov. 28th - Sun. Nov. 29th
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 28th
End: Sunday, Nov. 29th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 25th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
There seems to be a ton of interest for a trip the weekend of the 28th/29th, so Cassandra and I are going to take a group up metal dome.
We are going to be as COVID safe as possible on this trip, and we'll cancel it if it doesnt abide by the provincial health guidelines at the time. Take a look at the VOC guidelines for more info on how we're handling this, and we'll discuss it at the pre trip as well.
Beginner friendly ski/snowshoe. Winter camping. I believe it is about 8k each way, possibly a bit shorter.
Skiing will depend on what the snowpack looks like by then.
Could use one or two more experienced people as well.
If you have any questions, email me at [email protected]
I'm happy to answer questions about the trip, gear, or the VOC in general.
This is intended to be very beginner friendly, so even if you have no experience doing the above things, we would love to have you along! That being said, be prepared to be cold and a bit tired.
Info For Beginners (copied from Declan):