VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Not Exodus (probably mamquam) · Sat. Jun. 19th - Sun. Jun. 20th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 19th
End: Sunday, Jun. 20th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 16th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Update: We've decided the exodus logging roads might not be too much fun for our cars. We will either be heading up mamquam or mt currie. May not involve skis.
We (Cassandra and I) are going to head up exodus for some spring skiing. This is an intermediate friendly trip- you don't need to have a ton of ski experience, but there is quite a bit of elevation. If you don't have too much skiing experience, you'll want to be quite fit. There is also some basic glacier travel, but we can talk you through that if you have never done it before. If you're wondering if this trip is a good fit for you, send me an email and we can chat.
This trip is dependent on cars- we need to have 4 by 4s to get up the road. It's also dependent on snow levels. We might change this plan entirely, but whatever trip we choose will probably be similar.
Required gear: ski touring set up (or splitboard), avalanche gear, overnight gear, glacier gear (harness, prussiks, carabiner, ice axe). We will likely be carrying skis/boards for a while, so make sure your setup works for that. Sunglasses and a lot of sunscreen. If you have any questions, send me an email and we can sort it out.
Ski touring gear, avalanche gear, glacier gear, packs, and sleeping pads (aside from prusskis and carabiners) can all be borrowed from the VOC.
If you've ski toured but never traveled on a glacier, this could be a good opportunity to learn those skills. If you've taken G1, this will be a great place to practice. If you've never ski toured, it might not be the right trip for you.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email, [email protected]