VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Norvan falls trail run and dip · Thursday, June 17th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Jun. 17th
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
Training for a big trail run and stoked for trips to be open again. Norvan falls is a classic north shore run that is a pleasure to run especially when the park is close to empty due to it being a weekday evening. Wide gravel paths, converging into flowly singletrack through lush pacific northwest trees, all culminating into a beautiful waterfall, not much more you can ask for.
14 km round trip of low angle ascent and descent running, throw in a cheeky dip at the falls and some cheeky beers/cider at the cars and this'll make for a solid evening excursion. If you need any convincing we'll have a cutie pattootie of a pup running with us.
How many more times can i say cheeky...
thinking of going after work meeting at the trail head round 5:30 ish, time of meeting is flexibleish.
You should be comfortable running 15k, we need not go fast; however this won't be a hike. No runner left behind.
some things to consider packing:
running pack/vest, trail runners, water, snacks, headlamp, extra layer, swim suit, towel, small first aid. 10 essentials type things.
i'll be bringing some bear spray, an inreach, and a first aid kit along as well.
If you have any questions about anything I have not covered shoot me an email. I'll send a pre trip email a couple days before.