VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Joffre Lakes Backpack · Sat. Jul. 24th - Sun. Jul. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 24th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 25th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jul. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: https://ubc.zoom.us/j/5121824260?pwd=MFhtZGpDUml6VGs4dElLQm5weDFpZz09
Have you been itching to get that photo of yourself on the famous log at Joffre Lake, but just haven’t gotten around to it and/or the park has been closed for over a year because of a raging pandemic? Well this might just be the trip for you! The park is now open for the season and I’ve secured permits to spend the night at the upper lake. So bring your selfie stick and we’ll go mingle with the tourists for a weekend in a spectacular location!
The details: I have 3 tent pads booked for 12 people. Each pad can roughly fit a couple of two person tents so we’ll need to do some strategizing if we want to fit the maximum number of people. If we do reach full capacity then the permit cost will be $6.50 per person, which I must receive the trip to confirm someone as 'going'. The hike in is quite easy, only 4 km with 500 m of elevation gain, so we can take our time and then relax at the lake for quite a while. In general I intend this to be a beginner friendly trip but if any more experienced folks are keen we could try to find something to scramble up to above the lake.
Feel free to email me with any questions!
This is from the last time I was at Joffre, I'm sure it will be warmer this time around!