VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Saturday Climbing · Saturday, July 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 24th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: email
A little last minute but I'd like to get some climbing in on Saturday morning and it would be nice if others want to join! I'm thinking Murrin as there were a lot of routes I wanted to do last time I was there but never got around to. However the tide will also be really low mid day so Copper Cove is also an option. It would be ideal if everyone had rock 3 or equivalent skills (comfortable leading and lead belaying) but if there's enough people to lead routes then a few people with only top rope experience or that are just learning to lead could join as well. I can bring draws, a rope, and a copy of squamish select, but it would be good if others had rope that we can lead on and draws. If we choose Murrin I think we'll need to leave Vancouver around 6:30-7 to get a parking spot, and I'd ideally like to be back in time to do some work and get some sleep but can easily be convinced otherwise for more climbing. For Copper Cove the tide will be 0.2m at about 1pm so I think we'd have from about 10-5 to climb there before the tide is too high and we lose our belay spot. There's also a lake at Murrin and the ocean at Copper Cove for a quick swim after/during the day.
Here's some more info on both areas;
A note that copper cove is very much in the sun while Murrin is more shaded in many areas.
The goal will be to sort out pretrip stuff via email but if its too faffy or there's a lot of interest I'll send out a zoom link for around 8pm Friday evening to sort out the details.
If you have any questions feel free to send me an email ([email protected]) or a text for faster response (number can be found on my profile, plz tell me who you are if you choose to send me a text).