VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
St. Patrick's Day Phelix Hut Trip · Sat. Mar. 17th - Sun. Mar. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 17th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 18th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
If you are hoping to celebrate St. Patrick's Day out in the snow this is the trip for you! The route to Phelix is more challenging than other hut routes so if you have never been on skis before you will not be able to come. If you have been out a few times and feel fairly competent then definitely come along! We will discuss the specific leaving time at the pre trip meeting but we will be leaving early Saturday morning for sure. We will be staying at the Brian Waddington Hut so no need to bring a tent, but make sure you bring both your warm sleeping bag and mat. For a list of what to pack check out the wiki link about the ski hut trip gear list. Phil Tomlinson and Katherine Valentine will be leading this trip but please send all questions to me at ([email protected]). Depending on how many experienced people come we may increase the maximum number of participants. Let me know if you want to help out!