VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Super Spooky Phelix weekend [beginner-friendly] · Sat. Oct. 23rd - Sun. Oct. 24th
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 23rd, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 24th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 20th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Nest room 2311
Let’s get into the Halloween spirit at Phelix! My first ever trip with the VOC was a halloween-y adventure to Brew hut and it was a super fun time. I think this would be a great trip for beginners (or non-beginners too!) to get into the alpine but spend the night in a cozy hut (or you can tent it if you’d prefer).
We’ll arrive at the trailhead to phelix on Saturday morning, and head up to the hut. This should take around 5 hours (~10 km and 1000m elevation gain), but we can go at a slow pace with plenty of breaks. Once we get to the hut, we can make it halloween-ize it (fairy lights, mini pumpkins?, etc) and either explore the surrounding area or just chill! In the evening we’ll have a halloween-themed potluck and (maybe) tell some scary stories.
This trip is open to all experience levels - all you need is enthusiasm and ability and willingness to hike in potentially miserable conditions.
If you have any questions feel free to email me! We'll go over everything in more detail at the pre-trip meeting.