VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Raiders of the Lost Brew, Return of the Alder Slayers · Sat. Oct. 16th - Sun. Oct. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 16th
End: Sunday, Oct. 17th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Oct. 14th, 8:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: zoom
Do you enjoy going on trips with ridiculous names? Do you want to help make sure the VOC can actually get to one of it's beloved (and warmest!) huts this winter and beyond. Do you enjoy sticking it to the man when yet again a student club shows a nation state how to actually competently succeed at maintaining recreational access? Do you have any pent up anger or frustration that you would like to unleash on some unsuspecting alder, officially the third most hated plant in all existence?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions then I have the trip for you! Come join me as we demolish the alder which has reclaimed our old trail to Brew, now that the new trail is missing a bridge and a road... Skills that are required involve:
The ability to pick (not very heavy) things up and throw them off a road
The ability to push a handle
The ability to be cheery when the weather is miserable. Failing that, the ability to be entertainingly irate when the weather is miserable
The ability to tolerate my terrible singing might also come in handy...
This is ideally an overnight trip, and by the end of it a trail will be usable that currently very much is not. There may be potential for people to join for one day if cars align that way. Anyone without camping gear can almost certainly be accommodated with spots in tents, stoves, sleeping bags or whatever else. We are car camping so we can feast like there is no tomorrow and we need not carry heavy packs anywhere. There is a chance exciting things like chainsaws will make an appearance, but loppers will also be VERY effective. Any questions, just post on the message board thread or send me an email.