VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mount Gardner, take 2 (beginner friendly) [last minute change to Sunday due to weather] · Sunday, November 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 28th, 9:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: whatsapp
Tentatively moved to Sunday due to, incredibly, another rain warning. Original post below.
Lucy and Joe's trip to Mount Gardner got canceled because of the weather chaos. We had a lovely walk in Pacific Spirit instead, but I'm still curious to see Gardner so I figured I'd see if anyone felt like heading up this weekend. We'd be meeting at 8:50am at Horseshoe Bay to catch the 9:05 ferry. Alltrails link here. Some notes:
* The loop from the ferry terminal is just under 18km with ~1000m elevation gain. The terrain is pretty beginner friendly - as of yesterday I'm told there's only a bit of snow at the very top of the mountain. I don't hike terribly fast.
* The forecast is currently intermittent showers, so be ready for rain! This trip will be rain or shine unless something truly drastic happens again.
* Bring warm clothes, a rain jacket, food and water
* I'll be taking transit up to Horseshoe Bay. If anyone else wants to drive up you're more than welcome to coordinate using the tool on here (note you sadly have to pay for parking)
* Pretrip meeting will be on Whatsapp - also feel free to email me if you have any questions