VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[Steps to the Neve] Part 5: Skiing the Neve! · Fri. Apr. 1st - Sun. Apr. 3rd
Warning: This is a tentative trip : COVID, weather
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 1st, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Apr. 3rd, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Mar. 29th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom - likely
- Experience preferred: reasonable fitness, linking turns on skis, skiing with an overnight pack, winter camping, avalanche awareness.
- We will go over the basics of crevasse rescue (not absolutely necessary but good to know) before the trip. Glacier School Manual.
If you are willing to help out, please sign up. We will need a number of more experienced skiers to make this trip happen.
If the weather looks unreasonable this weekend, we will move the trip to the following weekend.