VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Cayoosh Cowboy Cruisin' · Tue. Jan. 25th - Fri. Jan. 28th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Jan. 25th
End: Friday, Jan. 28th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jan. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Louise Bunce is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: Cayoosh Cowboy Cruisin' Time: Jan 20, 2022 06:00 PM Vancouver Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84808592156?pwd=Tk1PcVJkL0w5ZWhGTTYrSm55UEtIQT09 Meeting ID: 848 0859 2156 Passcode: SkjWX8
Calling all WEEKDAY WARRIORS, funemployed, those with weird schedules, and ski bums!
There is a *secret* hut 3km up an FSR from Cayoosh pass in the Duffy that sleeps around 10 people. The hut is first come first serve, and I expect it’s pretty full on the weekends, but I’m hoping it will be empty for us for a weekday rip! This hut is situated in between mt. Rohr and Cayoosh mtn with lots of great access in the surrounding mountains and nice lines to ski!!
My plan is to drive up Tuesday midday, and then ski the 3km into the hut. This will most likely be in the dark, so bring a headlamp. We will ski Wednesday and Thursday and potentially Friday if peeps are available and then head back to town. We will have a basecamp at the hut where we can sleep and cook and hang and explore the surrounding area during the day.
The hut is first come first serve so we have to bring tents just in case and potentially be prepared to sleep in vehicles if it comes to that. If we arrive and the hut is full we will go to plan B. I will be making a pull behind sled to bring in firewood/food/beer. The FSR is nicely graded with only 50/100m of narrow trail at the end so if you would also like to bring a pull behind sled of some sorts you are welcome.
This trip will require AST1, intermediate/advanced skiing ability and some touring experience. I’m not sure how much interest there will be for a weekday trip, but if there is space we could accommodate people who just want to ski into the hut and then chill/read/hang out during the day.
THIS TRIP IS COWBOY THEMED SO AT A MINIMUM COME WITH SOME PLAID AND A YEEHAW