VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Women*'s Wednesday Brockton Laps (Mt. Seymour) · Wednesday, January 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jan. 19th, 6:00 pm
End: Wednesday, Jan. 19th, 9:00 pm
I know what you're thinking. Melissa stop posting trips to the trip agenda. Do you even take classes? The answer is yes, kinda. I just couldn't help myself. I recently the Facebook group "Backcountry Ski Ladies of Vancouver". It's been described as the FB "South Coast Touring" group but not intense, and for women*. A handful of women* are meeting up next Wednesday night to get some ladies* laps in.
- easy, all speeds laps at Mt. Seymour Brockton Point
- we can split up into faster/slower groups
- Wednesday Jan 19 6pm-9pm
- no day pass needed as we're going after hours. we also get to park next to the trailhead instead of P1 or P5 ;D
- women*-only. I use the term women* to include cis and trans women, as well as non-binary, agender, or intersex people and other gender minorities (wording from UBC Women* in Computer Science website, where VOC Social Exec Chloe is President ;) )
- AST1 or equivalent
- touring experience (can be from your AST)
- touring skis or splitboard
- extra batteries
- normal avi gear
- fully vaxed
- masks in cars. Omnicron is here
Nice to have
- fairy lights on your body (get ready)
- ski crampons in case it's slick on the up-track
You can get gear from the clubroom during normal gear hours. If you do need to rent tele skis, please plan to return them to the clubroom Thursday so people can use them for tele school on Saturday.
Do not ask me if you can come if you have no AST1 and/or have never toured before. Check out "Intro to Backcountry" and "Steps to the Neve" trips if you're in this boat :)
A quick car group pre-trip will be done Tuesday night 8pm online. Should be 15-30 minutes tops. If you can't make it, indicate that in the signup questions. Come even just to see only women* in a video call - it's pretty baller if I do say so myself
No pre-trip meeting. Email faff instead. Email me [email protected] if you want to join