VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
May Long Climbing at Vantage (Frenchman Coulee) in Washington! [Intermediate-friendly] · Fri. May. 20th - Tue. May. 24th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, May. 20th, 5:00 pm
End: Tuesday, May. 24th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, May. 16th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
PRETRIP MEETING ZOOM LINK: https://ubc.zoom.us/j/5417894548?pwd=L0taaktqaGZNdHM3YktmNGtRUlZPQT09
Wow look at those columns! You could be climbing those!
Vantage is a sick climbing area in Washington that has all sorts of cool rock formations. The plan is to head there for the May long weekend and climb our hearts and finger-pads out. There is a free car camping area near the crags which we’ll stay at. It’s mainly sport climbing. There is some trad as well, but be warned: it’s a pretty chossy area, so trad climb at your own risk!
This is not an instructional trip. You should be self-sufficient and comfortable with lead climbing and car camping! That being said, if you are comfortable following/cleaning routes, but don’t know how to lead, reach out via email! Depending on the skill level of the group, we may be able to have you come along :)
- Car camping experience
- Able to lead climb/ lead belay (Rock 3)
- Have all your own basic climbing gear (harness, belay device+biner, helmet, shoes, etc.)
- Passport since we’ll be going into the states!
- Leaving Friday (May 20th) after work to drive down (~5.5hr)
- Coming back Tuesday (May 24th) in the evening
If there are drivers who are keen to leave Friday morning, or come back on Monday evening, we can sort those details out at the pre-trip. Gear sharing (rope, quick-draws, tents, stoves, etc.) will also be figured out at the pre-trip.
Feel free to reach out via email ([email protected]) if you have any questions!