VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tofino Surfing Trip 🌊 + beach potluck 🏖 (beginner & 🐶 friendly). · Sat. Jun. 11th - Tue. Jun. 14th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 11th, 5:00 am
End: Tuesday, Jun. 14th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jun. 7th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside the Clubroom
Just booked a couple of campsites at Green Point in Pacific Rim National Park.
The plan is to take the cheaper 5:20 am Ferry to Nanaimo on Saturday the 11th of June, make a quick stop at Cameron Lake and head to Tofino. On the 11 and 12, the plan is to get as much surfing as possible and potentially do a couple of hikes (TBD) in the area. I am far from being an expert surfer, but happy to show people the basics.
On the evening of the 13th of June, we will have a beach Potluck BBQ. I will be bringing some vegan sausages and buns (BYOB). We would be heading back at some point on the 14th making a stop at the Sproat Lake Petroglyphs.
Yes, people are welcome to come just for the weekend as long as they pay for the campsite.
Important. Being a strong swimmer is a requirement (as is understanding you cannot drink and swim). This is a dog-friendly trip so if you are allergic to or do not like pups maybe this trip is not for you. Also, it's a Latin American-friendly trip so it may include a couple of those playing Bad Bunny tunes on a speaker at the beach. People coming on this trip will not necessarily be assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis, preference will be given to drivers, people surfing, participating in the potluck, willing to share tents, etc.