VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[Gauging Interest]: Vancouver I. Kayaking Trip · Mon. Aug. 22nd - Sun. Aug. 28th
Warning: This is a tentative trip : Depends on interest & me getting back from field work on time!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Aug. 22nd
End: Sunday, Aug. 28th
I am in the high arctic doing fieldwork (with very intermittent internet) until roughly August 10. I'm writing from the land of 24h daylight, solid sea ice, and no trees. I'm feeling a little homesick for the wet forests, crashing swell, and stary skies of the West Coast of Vancouver Island!
I am interested in doing a kayaking trip at the end of August, somewhere between the 18th of August and when school starts (dates on trip agenda are completley fake). I really like the west coast (i.e. Nootka Sound, the Nuchatlitz, Hesquiat Peninsula, Clayoquot Sound, etc.) but am down for anything! I am putting out feelers to see if there are other paddlers who would be interested in doing a trip on the wild west coast in the second half of Aug(fog)ust!
I am a intermediate-advanced paddler: I've done 2 nine day trips on the West Coast, and I've paddled in 2m swell, 4kt current, can roll and self rescue, and I have a bit of experience in surf.
If you're interested, shoot me an email! It might be early August before I respond, but I'd be curious to see if we can put a group together :)