VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Monthly Slideshows! · Thu. Oct. 6th - Thu. Apr. 6th
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Oct. 6th, 7:00 pm
End: Thursday, Apr. 6th, 7:00 pm
After three (!) years of COVID, in person VOC slideshows are back!
Slideshows have been one of the club's most loved social events. Usually held on several weekdays throught the school year, they are a great low-key and social way to share information and stories within the club, meet members and have fun. If you've done a cool trip you want to share, or some environmental research or activism, we'd love you to come have a slideshow on it!
For now, they will be held every first Thrusday of each month at 7pm, location (on campus) TBA.
October 6th, featuring one of last year's Neil MacKenzie Adventure Grant Award winners, Nina Robertson, who developed a new climbing route on the impressive bigwall of Spitzkoppe in Namibia.
November 17th: Linda and Mason, the other NMAG award winners from last year, present on their 7-day thru-hike in Iceland's 24-hour sunlight!
November 24th: Krista and Piotr, long time VOC members, will present their boating adventures from last summer.
December 5th (Monday): Julia and Mojan will talk about their bike trip this past May, where they pedalled the west coast of USA all the way from Vancouver to -almost- LA!
If you'd like to give a slideshow, please contact [email protected] with your ideas!
Depending on how much interest and demand there is for these slideshows, we might increase or decrease their frequency.