VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Veenstras' Traverse 2012 - The Last Drop Traverse · Sat. Jul. 7th - Sun. Jul. 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 7th
End: Sunday, Jul. 8th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 5th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
The next installment in the “Veenstra Moderate Friendly Summer Traverses” Series is coming up... this year will be between Tricouni and Brew via Cypress. We generally try and figure out a "new" traverse which should be hard (but not too hard) to an interesting place not often visited.
What does moderate friendly mean, anyway? I guess it’s somewhat hard to tell the difference, but I guess the intent is that the trip should still be interesting enough that more than just beginners will want to come out. You’ll need to be in good shape, and some previous glacier experience is desirable, but not entirely necessary for everybody (I’m hoping there will be enough experienced people around that you can go on this trip to get some experience). Unfortunately this won’t be a “school”, although you may still learn something we’ll likely be too busy hauling ass in order to stop for crevasse rescue practice (unless somebody falls in... then we'll make time).
Past trips of this nature have included, Price-via-Brohm, Circumnavigate Garibaldi Lake, the Semi-Alcoholic Traverse, the Garibaldi Neve in Summer, the Powder Mountain Traverse, and (most recently) the Valentine Gates traverse. If you don’t normally do stuff like this you’re still welcome to come, provided you are in good shape - in fact the whole point is to get you out somewhere you probably wouldn’t think to go on your own. Keep in mind, though, that you may find the trip “hard”. Probably you’ll enjoy it, if only in retrospect.