VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
AST 1 Plus - Block 6 · Sat. Mar. 11th - Sun. Mar. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 11th
End: Sunday, Mar. 12th
We're partnering with Canada West Mountain School to offer discount AST-1 Plus courses! VOC members get a lovely discount of more or less 25% off. (Cost: 245$ + GST)
This course will be split into three sessions:
- Thursday: 2 hr Zoom theory session (6-8 pm)
- Saturday: Day at Mt Seymour (no lift pass). May be at Whistler/Blackcomb if snow conditions at Seymour are unsuitable.
- Sunday: Day at Whistler/Blackcomb (if you don't have a season's pass you can buy a backcountry access pass for 62$)
To be guaranteed a spot on this trip, you must signup and pay at the link provided. The VOC signup tool is only there if you wish to see who else is planning on doing a session. You are responsible for transportation for all sessions. You can use the message board link provided to find rides.
This link will provide you with all the deets! The link has been moved to the message board so it is only available to members.
Plenty of VOC trips in the winter require at least AST-1 for safety and it's a smart idea to take it if you want to travel into avalanche terrain :)
*Note that if you cannot make the dates for any of the scheduled VOC AST-1 courses, you are eligible for a discount of 20% on all regularly scheduled Canada West Mountain School AST-1 courses and 10% on AST-2 courses. Email or call Canada West and tell them you are a VOC member if you are interested in this option.
(this post was heavily inspired by Emma Teply's from last year! thank you!:) )
Posted: 2022-10-25 11:34:22
Last modified: 2023-02-03 14:14:05