Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mother of Ski Mountaineering (Intermediate trip series) · Thu. Nov. 17th, 2022 - Sat. Dec. 17th, 2022
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Kaylie Robinson
Start: Thursday, Nov. 17th
End: Saturday, Dec. 17thDescription:
Please carefully read this entire description if you wish to join the trip.
This is an opportunity for some intermediate people to learn some stuff! If you’ve been touring for a bit and have dreams of doing more complicated objectives but aren’t really sure how to gain the skills to do so, this is the place for you. This will be a series of trips throughout the season (starting in January) where you can gain some experience with touring, snow travel and glacier skills, and learn more about decision making and trip planning in the winter, which will lead up to a final objective at the end (April/May). The goal is that by the end of the season, you will have made some friends to ski with, including one or two more experienced friends, and that you will feel comfortable planning and going on some similar trips on your own, without more experienced friends.
The trips will include;
- A day of touring with your group
- Rope skills in the park (ascending, descending, haul systems, anchors, etc)
- Snow and glacier travel skills (self-arrest, crampons, snow anchors, etc)
- Final objective
- Lots of stoke and a positive attitude
- Commitment to all these trips and continuing to use the skills afterwards
- Have AST-1 or Equivalent
- Been ski touring, ideally for at least a season
- Can ski a black run
- Backcountry overnight experience (not necessarily in the winter)
- G1 would be helpful but is not required (if you don’t have G1, Rock 2 or equivalent is also very helpful)
If you are super duper stoked and are missing any of these, please reach out and we can talk about it!
Since this trip is such a large time commitment for everyone involved, the signup process for this series of trips will work differently than other VOC trips. Please sign up on this post and fill out the google form on the signup page. After the committed list closes, I will go through the responses and pick some people that I think will fit the best with the trip and with one another based on their previous experience and stoke, and let everyone know by the beginning of January.
If you’re an experienced person that is super stoked about this and wants to help out, send me ([email protected]) and Declan ([email protected]) an email and we can chat about it!
Posted: 2022-11-17 16:08:26
Last modified: 2022-11-17 16:08:48