VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
New Years at Phelix · Thu. Dec. 29th - Mon. Jan. 2nd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Dec. 29th
End: Monday, Jan. 2nd
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Dec. 22nd, 7:00 pm
New Years at Phelix!
Skiing or snowshoeing, you must have AST-1 and be competent in companion rescue if you want to venture past the hut. Be prepared for winter camping if the hut is busy (it probably will be). I have registered 20 spots for VOCers on the huts website.
There will be a big potluck and party on New Years and hopefully endless pow and fun :)
Pretrip is tentatively Thursday Dec 22 7pm on Zoom. More details to come later. There might be some groups going up Friday-Sunday or different days, so come to pretrip and we can figure it out.
If needed, I can look into getting a gear hours over the break if there aren't posted gear hours during that time. Aka if you need ski rentals from the club, don't worry!