VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
ACC Membership Signup and Trips Thread! · Tue. Nov. 1st - Sat. Apr. 1st
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Nov. 1st
End: Saturday, Apr. 1st
As you may or may not know, the VOC is partnered with the Alpine Club of Canada (ACC). This means that VOC members are also members of the ACC Vancouver Section, and as such are entitled to sign up for events on their events calendar, here.
Usually by now, we would have all received ACC membership credentials so we can sign up for trips, but a technical problem at the national office has meant these haven’t been forthcoming. For now, we will have to sign up manually here, and then contact the ACC’s national membership chair Victoria to have our memberships activated. Victoria can be contacted at [email protected].
Until your membership has been activated (it may take some time, there are many student outdoor clubs in the same situation as us), you can sign up for ACC trips as a guest, or in the case that guest signup is not enabled for the trip, contact the organizer directly and explain you are a VOCer.
I have created a message board thread where I will occasionally share interesting trips and events that the ACC Vancouver section is planning. Feel free to ask questions about ACC things on there too.
(If you’re keen on doing something with the ACC, I would suggest frequently checking the calendar yourself, as trips tend to fill up.)