VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brew Hut Extravaganza · Sat. Feb. 4th - Sun. Feb. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 4th
End: Sunday, Feb. 5th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Feb. 2nd, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Did you want to go to Burton Hut but were victim to The Lag? Interested in still getting an overnight trip in?
This is the trip for you! I've been meaning to explore Brew Hut in the winter and get more experience touring, and this seemed like a good time to do so. I also turn 20 on the first and want to do something fun for that weekend. The trip itself is relatively strenuous (about 13 km with 1300 m of elevation gain), so you should be prepared for that. It also looks like there may be some creek crossings to navigate. I don't know how many or how large they will be but hopefully they'll require no more than taking off skis here and there. We'd probably meet at the Chance/Roe winter parking early on Saturday morning and trek up from there (to be discussed at the pre-trip). We may be sharing the hut on Saturday with a few groups, but it looks like they'll clear out for the night. On Sunday we'll take our time skiing back and having a blast.
I will probably limit the trip to people with their AST 1. This is also my first time organizing a trip so if you have some experience and a free weekend, please consider signing up!