VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intermediate Skier Development · Thursday, February 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Feb. 2nd, 10:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: The World Wide Web
The what: An alpine skiing lesson tailored to intermediate skiers who want to gain the confidence and skills to ski black diamond runs.
The where: Mt Seymour
The When: Thursday January 2nd 10am-3pm
Why thursday? Thurdays are the cheapest days to ski, check out https://mtseymour.ca/rideshare-thursdays
Getting there: Meet me at my place (12th and Fir) or park at the bottom of Mt Seymour and we will all drive up together in my suv.(In order to get the lift ticket deal)
Costs: The cost of your lift ticket + covering the instructors ticket. Estimated 30$ per person for a full day of skiing and instruction.
Howdy everyone, my name is Reid. Im an avid skiier both resort and backcountry. Im a CSIA certified ski instructor with a few hundred hours of teaching under my belt. Id like to run this session for people who would like a safe and fun progression into more intimidating terrain. Last years course was a major success with the group feeling confident enough to ride a double black diamond run in Whister at the end of the day!
Currently the most managable class size is 5 however it has a chance of increasing if another experienced instructor would like to co-teach or take up the rear assisting.
Often 1-2 small changes in technique are able too boost your ability to the next level and thats exactly what I want to help you with!
Main skills that will be coverd are:
Before signing up please ask yourself if this trip is right for you? I am baseing my scope of teaching off my definition of intermediate skiier. "Able to ski parallel turns with pole plant. Can ski most blue runs, more advanced blues and blacks remain a challenge. Would like to explore more varied terrain."
If this isnt the trip for you no worries! At an undetermined date there may be a novice skiier development session.
If it is for you but you cant make this time please let me in the interested section of what time would work best. Id like to do few lessons for VOC members this season.
Helmets are mandatory and unfortunately I cannot teach telemark skiiers as im still learning that myself.
Posted: 2023-01-26 20:04:40
Last modified: 2023-02-07 15:49:06