VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Easter Skaha Sends · Fri. Apr. 7th - Mon. Apr. 10th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 7th
End: Monday, Apr. 10th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Mar. 30th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom probably
First: If you have any questions please let me know! Otherwise I will likely have my friend Rebecca handling a lot of organizing logistics as well and she will be a good person to contact once I've confirmed that she's available for these dates :)
Appropiating a lot of this from Isaac's trip last year:
This trip is currently a placeholder, I am definitely open to changing weekends depending on availability/weather/whatever. I will for sure lead a Skaha trip in the spring and this weekend seems great given the 4 days (ideal for y'all co-op students and non-students too). What better way to go into the final week of classes than by spending some days escaping the looming Squamish rain?
Approx 5 hr drive from Vancouver, Skaha Bluffs are a world-class climbing destination in the Okanagan that boast a super great shoulder season and tall walls of gneiss. Some trad but mostly sport! Skaha was my first official VOC trip and I had such a blast I decided to organize a trip there myself.
Pic: Lea Meinecke
This is not a beginner trip unfortunately. At least Rock 2 and experience with Rock 2 principles will be required to join. If you haven't taken Rock 2 with the club but have equivalent skills that is acceptable. Rock 3 is highly recommended and preference may be given to those with that level of experience.
An explanation of Rock levels can be found here:
If you are a beginner and have a friend that is coming and fully willing to coach you along then you're welcome to come, but I will not be teaching any skills and want people to generally be pretty self-sufficient :)
Skaha is about a 5 hour drive from Vancouver so we will leave sometime early-ish on Friday to maximize our climbing time. If some cars can't make it out early on Friday we can meet out there. We’ll then return Monday evening after getting our fill.
I will be leaving logistics of getting to Skaha largely up to individual car groups once we have organized the specific car groups! I will not be checking in if groupchats for your groups have been made, the idea is that it should be a pretty chill organization.
We will camp at a nearby rec site. If there are any questions about camping specifics please let me know!
Gas money split between your car group
Any personal food costs
Things to Bring
- camping gear (warm sleeping bag, pad, tent, etc)
- climbing gear (harness, belay device, shoes, quickdraws, anchor kit, rope if you got it)
- warm clothing/layers - nights will probably be kinda cold (the price of dry shoulder seasons)
- food/cooking stuff
2. Rock Level/Gear
3. Order of Committed list Pic: Giulio Saibene
Pic: Sonia Landwehr
Posted: 2023-02-08 11:07:12
Last modified: 2023-03-18 16:53:21