VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workshop] Intro to Traveling by Bike! · Monday, May 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, May. 29th, 7:00 pm
End: Monday, May. 29th, 9:00 pm
Have you ever wanted to travel by bike? go bike packing? bike touring? don't know the difference?
Do you dream of going on a months long bike trip in another continent? Are you simply hoping to explore some local trails, towns and islands? Would you like to get out of your house and be on the trip? Or would you like to ship your bike to exciting destinations?
Are you unsure where to start?
If you answered yes to any of the above, this workshop is for you!
With the help of Mirtha, a VOCer and avid cyclist who did an epic solo bikepacking trip in Europe last summer (covering 1900km of distance and 33,160m of elevation in 17 days through the Alps), we've organized a little presentation-style workshop (followed by as many Q&As as your heart desires) to cover all the basics of how traveling by bike works.
We will cover a broad overview of:
Preparation, transportation and route planning
Food and water
and at the end, we have set aside time to get into the deeper details of any of these categories you might have questions about.
Please join us in the clubroom on Monday May 29th at 7pm!
feel free to reach out to me or Mirtha with any questions.