Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[SOCIAL] ACC History Night @ Van Dusen Gardens · Tuesday, September 26th, 2023
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Adam Steele
Start: Tuesday, Sep. 26th, 7:00 pm
End: Tuesday, Sep. 26th, 9:00 pmDescription:
From the ACC-Vancouver section event calendar:
Hamilton Mack Laing and the Mount Logan Expedition – a Canadian Adventure Story
Keynote Speaker: Trevor Marc Hughes
About Trevor: Trevor Marc Hughes is currently the Interim Non-fiction Editor and Video Segment Producer for The British Columbia Review (www.thebcreview.ca
). Also the author of ‘Nearly 40 on the 37’ and ‘Zero Avenue to Peace Park’, Trevor, later, developed the accounts of Hamilton Mack Laing’s motorcycle travels across the United States in ‘Riding the Continent’.
In his book ‘Capturing the Summit: Hamilton Mack Laing and the Mount Logan Expedition of 1925,’ Hughes explores Laing’s expedition during one of his greatest adventures. Visit Trevor at www.trevormarchughes.ca
Keynote Presentation: In 1925, Comox-based writer and naturalist, Hamilton Mack Laing, would join experienced and well-known mountaineers, such as Albert H. MacCarthy, W.W. Foster and Allen Carpe, on an adventure that would last months in Alaska and the Yukon Territory.
Come join us to hear about the expedition from the writer of “Capturing the Summit”, Trevor Marc Hughes. You will also be treated to part of the silent film of the expedition; and it will transport you back in time!
*Space is limited. Please sign up on the website:
**Please note that the gathering will be held in-person at the Floral Hall, VanDusen Botanical Garden (37th Avenue at Oak Street) in Vancouver.
***The doors will open at 6:30pm for socializing and the program will begin at 7pm.
Posted: 2023-09-11 14:51:32