Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Weeknight run & swim – every Wednesday/Thursday – with bioluminescent algae · Thu. Sep. 14th, 2023 - Thu. Sep. 28th, 2023
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Duncan MacIntyre
Start: Thursday, Sep. 14th, 8:30 pm
End: Thursday, Sep. 28th, 11:00 pmDescription:
Update: For the rest of September, this will take place Wednesdays at 9:30 pm and Thursdays at 8:30 pm. October onward, it will probably be once a week at the more popular time.
It's fun to run. It's fun to swim. It's more fun to do both and with VOCers.
I'm thinking we could meet on campus, go for a short (20-30 minute?) run, then go for a short swim at some nearby beach. This would be a weeknight thing—so short and sweet. It'd be nice to just get outside and get moving a bit. If it works out maybe this will happen once a week. As an added plus, recent experience predicts that there will be bioluminescent algae. We should be able to see it in the dark.
We will meet at Martha Piper Fountain (University Blvd at Main Mall). You don't have to sign up. Just show up! (I'll leave the "sign up as interested" open so you can express interest if you like.) Also, if you want to only run, or only swim, you can do that too. Email me and I can tell you where to meet us for swimming if you want.
I am open to suggestions (more running? less running? no running? different location? different time?). Email me with ideas or add comments on the sign up page.
This will happen for at least the rest of September. If successful we might continue in future months.
Posted: 2023-09-12 23:26:52
Last modified: 2023-09-19 23:15:54