VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[AGM] Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC Annual General Meeting · Saturday, October 21st, 2023
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 21st, 9:00 am
The Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC (FMCBC) is a provincial umbrella organization of which the VOC is part.
Since its founding at UBC in 1972, engaged citizens have worked within the FMCBC to advocate for such issues as climbing access in Squamish, outdoor safety and education, and trail maintenance and access all around the province. Some of the 'Fed's accomplishments to this end include:
- Leading in the purchase of lots slated for development in Squamish (thus protecting the Burgers and Fries crag!)
- Founding Canada West Mountain School (oh yes!)
- Providing member club grants to support outdoor recreation projects (such as our recently-completed Phelix Hut roof project!)
- Engaging with stakeholders and multiple levels of government to advoate for the non-motorized zone around our very own Brew Hut! (super cool)
- Purchasing liability insurance for member clubs (nice!)
The Federation counts more than thirty member clubs coming from every corner of BC and representing every aspect of non-motorized outdoor recreation, and we're hoping to get a decent turnout to our first in-person AGM since COVID.
The meeting will be taking place on the UBC campus (at Walter Gage) on Saturday, October 21st starting at 9am. Food will be provided. This is a great opportunity to learn more about collaboration, civic engagement, and the state of outdoor recreation in BC. See the poster below for a full schedule of speakers and topics.
If you would like to attend the AGM, please register at this link: https://mountainclubs.org/fmcbc_agm2023/
Hope to see lots of you there,