VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to FAST running · Fri. Dec. 1st, 2023 - Wed. May. 1st, 2024
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Dec. 1st, 8:00 am
End: Wednesday, May. 1st, 8:00 am
One of the best ways to build fitness is intervals--repetitions where you run faster than is comfortable, and then rest, and then do it again. This will be helpful for skiing, hiking, or if you're like me, training for the BMO marathon next year! (There's also a half marathon and an 8k, if you want to train for something shorter).
The plan is to meet at 8:00am on Wednesday mornings at the track near UBC, do a warm-up jog, and do a speed workout. (Everyone will go their own pace, just a pace that is a bit pushing it for them. You DON'T have to keep up with me, or with any particular person).
I may experiment with the time and day of week, depending on what works for people, but I thought I'd start out with mornings and see if it works well. There's no pre-trip, and you don't need to sign up for anything--but if you do sign up, I could email you about changes in the schedule.
On Google Maps, this will be at the Rashpal Dhillon Track and Field Oval. See you there for some type two running!