VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Khaos in Kazakhstan - an NMAG Presentation · Tuesday, November 21st, 2023
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Nov. 21st, 7:00 pm
End: Tuesday, Nov. 21st, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Ketan, Ben, and I (Anton) recently got an NMAG grant to go to Kazakhstan to do some mountaineering. Unfortunately, our group is very injury prone... Despite all the chaos, mountaineering of various qualities was done.
Come join us in the clubroom to see some highlights from our adventures! We'll show you some variety of the following:
- Bagging peaks in the Tien Shan and narrowly dodging lightning storms
- Crossing boulderfields with only one good arm to eek out some time in the mountains
- Tourism in the desert in 40-degree heat
- Extreme sends on electric scooters
Bring food, tea, whatever. Feel free to ask questions. Vibes will be light.
Here's a zoom link for those who can't join in person: