VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Skiing at Red Heather (With an Overnight Option)! · Sat. Dec. 2nd, 2023 - Sun. Dec. 3rd, 2023
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 2nd
End: Sunday, Dec. 3rd
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 28th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: zoom MAP
Peter's Red Heather trip has a lot of interest, so we're adding on to the fun!
This will also be beginner friendly backcountry skiing at red heather, but with more people and an overnight option.
Red heather is a great beginner freindly destination, and also a great place to practice winter camping. If you're keen to learn any of these skills, this is the trip for you. We will have a group of day trippers heading up on Saturday for the day, as well as an option for folks to camp overnight. Note that we cannot sleep in the shelter, but we can use it to warm up before bed!
It's ok if this is your first time skiing, winter camping, or even seeing snow. Snowshoers are welcome as well!
We're happy to show you the basics, and feel free to send questions my way.