VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Wilderness First Aid (WFA) · Saturday, January 6th, 2024
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 6th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 2nd, 1:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Updated: Course will run in Vancouver now
Our Wilderness First Aid program is divided into 3 different level of care, the 20h Wilderness First Aid (WFA), the 40h Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) and the 80h Wilderness First Responder (WFR).
All levels focus on the basics of safely preparing and transporting patients and managing life and limb threats in remote environments, with a focus on the injuries common to various sports such as mountain biking, ski touring, climbing, rafting and extrication techniques.
The training also Includes prevention and treatment of common environmental problems like hypothermia and heat related illnesses, as well as covering common medical emergencies, choking, drowning and includes a CPR certification from the LifeSaving Society.
Our curriculum is based on the guidelines followed by the Wilderness Medical Society (WMS) and the Wilderness Medicine Education Collaborative (WMEC).
From Candain Outdoor Medical Consulting
This will not run as a usual VOC trip, the logistics will be slightly different.
1. This course will be taking place in the VOC Clubroom.
2. This course will be led by a professional Instructor from Canadian Outdoor Medical Consulting
3. The price for this course is $200, Usually $295 (Based on a group size of 8)
More info: https://canadianoutdoormed.com/courses/
Please sign up as committed only if you are sure you will be able to attend this course.
We can provide a need-based scholarship to 1 participant. Please reach out to me if you would like to apply for this.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.