VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Whistler Ride-Share Channel in the VOC Discord! · Thu. Nov. 23rd, 2023 - Tue. Apr. 30th, 2024
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Nov. 23rd
End: Tuesday, Apr. 30th
Ski season is upon us! Resort skiing is not one of our focuses in the VOC, in part due to insurance reasons and in part due to our commitment to self-propelled adventures. Nonetheless, many many VOCers are stoked on resort skiing, own passes to Whistler or North Shore mountains, and are going to be headed up very often.
In the VOC Discord, open to all members, we've created a #ride-share channel to help VOCers find others to drive up with, ski with, and split gas with for the upcoming season. Throw a message in if you're a driver with extra spots, or if you're a prospecting passenger! You could find a ride, or a group to split an EVO with.
I've also opened up the sign-up tool, where you can say if you've got a season's pass (or a 10-day pass or otherwise) to Whistler or another hill, so that one can get an idea of who else in the club skis. If you've got no classes on fridays, or some other day (or skippable classes), you could write that there too and maybe form a squad of hooky-players.
To join the discord server and get verified, follow these instructions:
1. Join the server at the following link: https://discord.com/invite/CrpfYmQ8bY
2. Enter "!voc-bot verify" in the membership-verification channel.
3. Check your direct messages. The verification bot will send you a DM asking for your verification information.
4. Respond to the direct message with: !voc-bot verify [email protected] xxxxx replacing the email and xxxxx with your own email and VOC ID number. Ensure to use the email associated with your VOC account.
5. You will receive a confirmation message from the bot about your verification, and you should have the correct "Club Members" role assigned, depending on when your VOC membership expires.
To find your VOC member number, simply click "Edit Account" under the "Member's Section" tab in the header of the website. Your member number will be shown under all the options. Do note that the DM verification process times out after 2 minutes. If this happens, re-start the process from step 1. Also note that access to the VOC Discord server is for members only.
That's all! May your days be full of deep pow and lovely turns. Have fun on the slopes!