VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Snow Shoeing at Elfin · Sat. Jan. 19th - Sun. Jan. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 19th
End: Sunday, Jan. 20th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 16th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom (meet at- meeting near)
For all of those who do not want to go to tele-school and want to spend a night in the back country instead, I will run a snow shoeing trip up to Elfin if there is enough interest. I would like to limit this trip to snow shoers but might be swayed to allow a few skiers too IF the demand is high... The hut only holds 30 people, so we do not want to over-crowd the hut. I would ideally like to keep the group size around 10 to allow enough room for non-VOCers as well. The fee for staying at the hut is $15, and the fee is only $10 if you want to sleep in your tent.