VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly trip to Red Heather · Saturday, February 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 23rd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
This is my first trip as an organizer. Don't worry, I've been there once, and the chance to get lost is almost 1% (I didn't say 0%, who knows...)
I know it is right after the reading break and most of you have plenty of midterms, but this trip is a great opportunity to take a nice break to decompress (or not, depending on the number of times you will fall with your skis...).
It will be a day ski and/or snowshoe trip. If people are willing, it can be an overnight trip as well. There is a nice warm hut to rest and cook, but we have to sleep in tents.
Unless you want to explore and do some harder skiing, no avi package is required. There is a nice not too steep hill perfect to practice your skiing abilities. If you never skiied before, this trip is perfect for you.
I limit the number of participants to 15, but if some experiences people want to help me, I can accept more.
You have to borrow your gear before Friday February 15th, the clubroom is closed for reading week.
If you have questions, post them on the message board, or email me.