VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner/Intermediate Garibaldi Neve Traverse · Sat. Mar. 2nd - Sun. Mar. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Severe avalanche hazard
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 2nd, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 3rd, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 27th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside the Clubroom
**This trip is cancelled due to the severe avalanche hazard and high freezing level**
In light of Spencer's ultra popular, limited space Sphinx Bay trip, Conrad, Carolyn and I have elected to run a small trip across the Neve. Priority will be given to telemarkers, because telemarking is sexy. The trip plans are tentative, pending avalanche conditions and weather. Right now the plan will be for us to go South->North. We'll see the breath taking views along Sphinx Bay, and enjoy the incredibly beautiful scenery throughout the Diamond Head.
Helmets, an avalanche beacon, shovel, and probe are mandatory. If you do not have these items, you won't be joining us (bike helmets are good enough). You can borrow avalanche kits from the club. Other gear you'll need can be found here. If we do this as a two day trip, we will be tenting part way.
This trip is beginner/intermediate friendly. Being beginner friendly, we won't carry you, but we won't leave you behind for the bears. The trip is about 40km long, with 1500m elevation gain. It will be a long two days (we might do it as a three day trip, with a night time skin up to Elfin on Friday). Because of that, if you plan on going on this trip, please have used your equipment beforehand. Boots that don't fit and mis-sized skins will be a big issue that we will be difficult to fix.
Pre-trip meeting will be at 6:30 on Wednesday, Feb 27th, outside the clubroom. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.