VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rock 2 refresher/intro · Sunday, June 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jun. 9th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Jun. 9th, 2:00 pm
Clemens and I are running a half-day rock 2 refresher (9am to about 2pm on Sunday).
Rock 2 is generally taught at Son of Rock and Longhike and is mostly about setting up top rope anchors, cleaning anchors and rappeling.
This course would be mostly for people that already took rock 2 but don't feel confident to set up anchors and rappel by themselves yet. We can also take some people that haven't taken rock 2 but those people should be confident belaying and I would expect you to practice some knots at home and read a short rock 2 overview written by the ACC.
This rock 2 refresher would be a half day thing. I hope afterwards you can check each other and practice as a group without Clemens and me checking everything. We can take 6 people. More only if other more experienced people are keen to help out.
Please ask questions here: http://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?3,96276