VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Full Alcoholic Traverse · Sat. Aug. 3rd - Mon. Aug. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 3rd
End: Monday, Aug. 5th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jul. 30th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
I did the Semi Alcoholic Traverse 2 years ago, and now I want to do the full one. So basically we will start at Brandywine meadows, then go around and sleep at the bottom of Mt Fee, and reach Brew Hut for the second night. So we need to bring tent for the first night. We need at least 2 cars since it is a traverse.
This trip is beginner friendly. However, you have to be reasonably fit (fit doesn't mean fast, I am myself not particularly fast... but you have to be able to hike for 10-12 hours a day), and previous backpacking/camping experience is highly desired. I don't have a lot of experience in navigation, so the route might be a bit longer than expected.
Other than normal gear for a hiking trip, we will need to bring an ice axe and a helmet. If you never used an ice axe, it is fine, I will teach you how to use it.
For now I accept 15 people, but I can accept more if experienced people join.