VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Return to Wedge Mountain (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Jul. 20th - Sun. Jul. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 20th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 21st, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jul. 16th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Kitsilano Beach MAP
So a year ago, I had to turn back on a trip up Wedge, so I'm heading back to have my vengeance, hopefully some people will join me along the way. This will be beginner friendly trip to Wedgemount Lake, plus some additional side trips. It'll be a good opportunity to put some of those Mountaineering skills to use. The beginner friendly portion of the trip will be going to Wedgemount Lake for an overnight trip. Wedgemount Lake is a beautiful area with some great beginner to intermediate scrambling available to suit all skill levels. The trail to the lake is 7km long with about 1200m elevation gain.
We'll head up Saturday morning and return Sunday evening. Wedgemount is quite busy, so the earlier we get up, the better out tent spots (near the creek and near the summer toilet). We won't have to pack out our poop due to the outhouses available.
From Wedgemount Lake, there are a few scrambles available. We'll be splitting into two groups. One group of experienced people will be heading up Wedge (this is going to be organized personally and outside of the message board due to the experience, familiarity, and equipment necessary). Cook or Parkhurst/Rethel are available scrambles for the anyone else interested in bagging a peak or two while we're there. Helmets and possibly an ice axe will be necessary, depending on the objective. We'll then rendezvous at the lake again and head down. We'll do a dessert potluck on Saturday night.
The pre-trip meeting will be July 16th at Kitsilano Beach. Email me or post on the message board if you have any questions!