VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly hiking/scrambling July 27-28 · Sat. Jul. 27th - Sun. Jul. 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 27th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 28th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: email
I'd like to do some sort of overnight hiking trip this weekend. Something easy to moderate with not too too much driving, location will depend on interest. Possible locations include Brew, Rainbow, stuff in the Whistler area (Brandywine?)...I am open to suggestions.
I am relatively new to hiking/scrambling, and not particularly fast, so am calling this beginner friendly. However, if you are a complete beginner in the sense of 'never even seen a mountain before', I won't feel comfortable taking responsibility for you, unless some more experienced people came along. You should at minimum be able to think for yourself and use common sense, but if you've also been around a little, even better!
Alternately, I could also be convinced to do a couple of local daytrips this weekend. Dayhikes I'd like to do in the next few weeks include the Lions, part or all of the Baden Powell, Howe Sound Crest Trail, some explorations in Golden Ears Park, Mt. Gartner. I would be especially keen on the Lions, they are on my must do list before I leave Vancouver at the end of the summer.
There will be no pre-trip as I work evenings, so the faff will be done over email. Post on the message board if you're interested and we can put something together!