VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Fast and Light Harrison : workhike · Sat. Sep. 21st - Sun. Sep. 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 21st, 4:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 22nd, 11:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 18th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
This trip is full. If you didn't get a spot, please join Ben's October Harrison workhike.
The VOC Harrison hut is at an amazing spot and needs a proper trail to be accessible.
I'm organizing a 2 day Harrison route/trail workhike to either finish marking the route or to start/continue to turn the route into a proper trail.
It is a long approach to get to the sections that need work and we just have two days. Therefore, I need people that are reasonably fast, willing to pack very light and happy to do trail work.
MEC will pay for gas, but passengers will be expected to make a small contribution towards wear-and-tear on the vehicles.
More details to follow.
Note: If 'fast' scares you away, I just mean that we need to hurry a bit, pack light, and don't faff too much. But this is fun actually:)