VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Checking out routes around Brew · Sunday, November 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 10th, 8:00 am
The plan is to drive up towards Brew and see how the bridge repair is coming along. They say they will be done by Nov 10, which is a Sunday, but surely the Authorities don't work on Sunday, and Monday is a holiday, so maybe they are done ahead of time, or maybe not. If the new bridge works, we can drive towards Brew, and see where the snow line is. This might be useful to know for the helicopter/firewood caper.
If the bridge is still absent, we can drive around the new-to-me rv park just north of there and see if it takes us anywhere, and then drive up the Brandywine snowmobile road, again checking for snow, etc. At some stage we will probably get tired of driving and start hiking, probably to Brandywine Meadows.
If this sort of low-technology one day trip appeals, email me and let me know, or you can always post on the signup thing. I have three empty car seats.
Edit: Bridge is taking longer than they originally estimated; they now expect that it might be useable by November 15th. So we won't waste much time investigating the Chance-Roe network, instead we will probably end up at Brandywine Meadows, via the Brandywine snowmobile area. Shouldn't be many snowmobiles there yet.