VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Longer Hike (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Jan. 11th - Sun. Jan. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : The weather appears to be as indecisive as I am when I try to find something to watch on Netflix
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : The weather appears to be as indecisive as I am when I try to find something to watch on Netflix
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 11th
End: Sunday, Jan. 12th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 8th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: TBD
Long Hike has been postponed due to lack of snow, let's go find somewhere with some snow. The forecast is interesting for this weekend. If the freezing level remains high and there's going to be a ton of rain on Friday, then this trip is cancelled. If the freezing drops, then this trip is on.
We'll likely be going to either Paul Ridge/Red Heather or Taylor Meadows, although there's a chance we'll head to Zoa. This is forecast/attendee dependent.
The trip is beginner friendly, so if you haven't skied before, it's OK, but you need to have some backpacking experience.